Thursday, September 2, 2010

Go Veg!

This will be the first and only time I do this.(this blog is meant to focus on the happier side of life YUMMY VEGAN FOOD)

I urge you I plead with you, make the choice to choose a vegetarian or vegan life style (preferably vegan =) ) I know it may seem like a foreign concept but if you really ask yourself I know you'll see the right answer. Animals are not ours to use for food,clothing or entertainment.

Don't go on living blindly. Don't accept this cruelty.

And if you "can't" stop eating meat don't support the biggest purveyors of cruelty, factory farms. That means no taco bell, no kfc, no McDonalds basically no to 90% of the meat in America. Whenever you get that fast food craving REALLY stop and think about the pain and suffering that went into making that hamburger or chicken nugget.


For things to help motivate you I've provided a list of things I've found through the years

Books
-Eating Animals by Jonathan Foer: I ABSOLUTLY love this book, it's not too pushy into deciding what to be it just gives you the facts in a very relatable way.If your my personal friend ill even let you borrow my copy if it might change your mind.

-Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser: Very  good book on factory farming and what really goes into commercialized food. No real push toward vegetarian lifestyle (I dont think the author is even Veg.)

Documentary

I watched this one not too long ago and I liked it a lot (from what I remember there is nothing too gory)
http://www.sprword.com/videos/foodinc/

The beginning was very good but I had to stop watching it when they slaughtered a "kosher" cow because I started crying.
http://www.sprword.com/videos/earthlings/


Please take a stand. Choosing the food you buy is your way of voting. Vote for compassion and humanity. If you need any help or have any questions feel absolutely free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment