Thursday, September 2, 2010

Easy vegan biscuits

So during my breaks at work (Barnes & Noble) I've been pouring over vegan cook books. My manager asked me the age old question "So what do vegans eat, grass?".I don't blame him I was ignorant the first time I went vegan, well ignorant and a lazy teenager.I am so ready to try all these things and share them with you.

A late night craving led to these yummy biscuits.

This is my version of a recipe I found on vegweb.com. It really does need some sort of seasoning or I don't think it would turn out as yummy. Would go great with gravy


2 cups Flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons vegan  butter
3/4 cup milk
pepper,garlic powder,oregano to you liking

Mix dry ingredients together first then milk and butter. The only way to truly mix it is with your hands =). When all ingredients are mixed lay dough out on a slightly floured surface and roll out to a 1/2 inch thickness.Using a cookie cutter or small cup cut out and place on baking pan.



Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.

This made 7 biscuits like the ones in the picture and one freakishly large one that we made just for fun. So I would imagine it makes 9-12 biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment