Thursday, December 23, 2010

VEGAN Christmas cookie extrabaganza!!!

It is no secret to our family and friends that we are two broke fools, so for christmas this year we decided to give the gift of cruelty free cookies.






My mom never did make an awesome tasting cookie (Love you mom!!) let alone gingerbread men.In fact I think I have only eaten 1 in my entire life.My curiosity got the better of me so I tried a recipe from Baking Bites. They came out PERFECT, tasted awesome and were nice and soft.

I also tried a recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar for peanut butter chocolate pillows.The first thing that went wrong was when I mistook maple syrup for molasses.Since we didn't have maple syrup I decided to forge ahead with the molasses.When it came time to making the actually cookie we didn't pre-roll out the peanut butter into 24 balls so our cookies came out more like cookies than perfect round pillows. The taste Isn't bad I just hope that our parents like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment